All the sessions are strictly confidential l between myself and the Client with the following exceptions:
- If I have reason to believe that you may harm yourself or others I may wish to contact your GP. I would like to do this with your permission, if this permission is not forthcoming, I may still decide to do so.
- If I believe that a child is at risk, I am required to make this information available to the appropriate service.
- There are some other limits to confidentiality such as the Prevention of Terrorism and Drug Trafficking Acts.
- In a Court of Law, a Counsellor may be required to answer questions about a Client.
- To ensure best clinical practice, I am required to discuss my work with my supervisor when your anonymity will be preserved, and your right to confidentiality and privacy will not be infringed in any way.
- I store all your notes in a locked and secure cabinet.